Underwritten by Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd
PMD Insurance is a Policy tailored to provide comprehensive cover for users of Personal Mobility Devices (PMD). The Policy is designed to protect You, a user of Personal Mobility Devices (PMD) against costs and expenses You may incur due to third party liabilities arising from your negligent use of the PMD registered in Your name. Coverage also extends to provide for personal accident benefits and Medical Expenses following Accidental bodily injury arising from the use of the PMD.
* Personal Mobility Device (PMD) is defined as a vehicle that: –
- A. Is designed for use by one person only and travels up to a speed of 25km per hour
- B. Has more than one or more wheels operating on a single axis
- C. Propels by an electric motor attached to the vehicle or by human power or both
- D. Propels by an electric motor attached to the vehicle or by human power or both
PMD includes (but not limited to) electric scooters, power assisted bicycles, unicycles, wheelchairs, hoverboards, rollerblades, skateboards and unicycles.
The extension for Commercial Use is optional. The cover is applicable only if insurance coverage is extended as reflected on Policy Schedule.
If you opted for the Commercial Use extension, the policy shall extend to cover Injury sustained or third party liability incurred as a result of the use of the PMD in the course of Your work from which You derive an income, renumeration or profit. The determination on whether an Accident happens in the course of Your work will be based on digital or electronic records from Your electronic device and/or similar records of the organization for whom You are performing work for at the time of the Accident.
The information provided here is a summary. Please refer to the actual policy wordings for the terms and conditions.